By Seline Jung, Staff Writer
I rounded up a compilation of who I thought were the best and worst dressed at the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards last night. If you didn’t get a chance to watch last night, scroll through the pictures and critique these red carpet fashions.
- Giuliana Rancic in Ramona Cerveza: Rancic played it safe Sunday night, but there’s a reason it’s called “classic.” The color, modern silhouette, thigh-high slit and belt all work together beautifully.
- Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier: This one might throw some people off, but the dress is so on-trend, and Goodwin’s pixie cut makes the look a perfect mix of sweet and vogue.
- Julianne Moore in Dior Couture: The mustard-canary yellow is so fresh and new, and makes Moore’s auburn hair pop.
- Kristen Wiig in Balenciaga: Wiig looks like she just stepped out of a boudoir — amongst all the other fussy, tight, couture-y dresses, Wiig looked relaxed and lovely.
- Julianne Hough in Georges Hobeika: The color and bottom detailing are stunning; I don’t think I’ve ever seen a couture dress in this ice-teal blue before. Hough looks like she just came back from a haute couture beach wedding.
- Lena Dunham in Prada: This could have worked if the dress was short or if it was sleeveless. Or both. But the simultaneous cap sleeves, floor length and high neck does not flatter Dunham.
- January Jones in Zac Posen: Messy, messy, messy. Paired with her intense smokey eyes and slicked-back hair, Jones just doesn’t look like herself.
- Christina Hendricks in Christian Siriano: Never mind that she’s busting out of the top, the dress looks cheap and color doesn’t do any favors for Hendricks’ porcelain skin and fire-red hair.
- Glenn Close: Close could have gone for a more classic, refined, simple look but she chose an overcomplicated mess.
- Kathy Griffin in Oscar de la Renta: The awkward thing here is the lone plastic bangle on Griffin’s arm. Other than that, the dress looks really messy in the back, and halter tops are quite dated.
Yes or no?
- Zosia Mamet in Bihbu Mahopatra: I appreciate that it’s fashion-forward and edgy, but at the same time there’s too much going on; the patterned sheer bottom seems random.
- Hayden Panettiere in Marchesa: The dress looks like it might be lovely without the thick blue gauze wrapped around her.
- Nicole Kidman in Antonio Berardi: The blue embroidered bodice is absolutely beautiful, but the dress stops short at an awkward length
- Heidi Klum in Alexandre Vauthier: The only reason this dress gets a pass is because a supermodel is wearing it. If it was anyone else, it’d look like a cheap prom outfit.
All photos are courtesy of E! Online.